I don't know what it is but I always get the urge to bake something just before Christmas. No matter how yuck I feel, something needs to go in the oven!
There was a nice sounding tree cookie recipe with the Create 10 Dec. class so I thought I'd give it a go. Nice chance to try out my only 2 cutters - star & flamingo. Festive, no?

I had to do them in batches as I didn't have much space, thankfully they didn't spread when they cooked so I could smoosh them up nice and close on the tray.
I had one more batch to go when I decided to try and mix in some lemon curd to see if that worked too (the others are just plain vanilla).
Thing is I figured I'd better cut them out by hand so they look different in case you didn't want a lemon biscuit. Can you tell at which point I decided my desire to sit down out weighed my desire to make pretty looking biscuits?!...

Decorating was a bit hit and miss too. I tried some stars with peppermint icing, and all the rest had plain white icing. They came out alright. Some were a bit toothbreaking but that was only because I rolled them too thin in places! I think I'll try them again with a bit more lemon, and add it before the flour. Yum yum.

In other news - after all that snow yesterday I thought we'd be wading through the stuff for at least a few days. The rain seemed to take care of some of it though. Ah well, hopefully this means we'll be able to see the family come Christmas day!

xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment