Tuesday, 1 January 2008

Welcome to 2008


Ok, so day 1 of the 365 day challenge and so far so good!
I managed to take this photo by sheer accident last night. I was watching the fireworks out of the window when I thought - why arn't I taking photos of these?! So I grabbed my camera (the batteries went flying across the room) so I'm scrabbling around for them, I finally get back to the window and, of course, they've stopped...just when I'm about to call it a night I hear a 'pffft' "a rocket?!" I think...yes! hurrah! So there you go - you *really* wanted to know all of that didn't you?!

Anyway - onto my missions for '08

1) Eat healthier. It's not really that hard to do. Less snacking on crisps and biscuits would help.

2) Complete the layouts you still have waiting from your '07' album - some dating back to last Feb!!!!

3) Create your 'Grateful' journal and stick to it...

4) Which leads onto this one - be more positive. I'm so fed up of wallowing in depression now. Over 8 years of it - enough is enough!

5) Don't get so stressed. So that layout isn't exactly as imagined - who will know?! So the painting didn't work - paint another! I'll admit this 'rule' will probably be the hardest overall - we're talking dismantling 23 years of a big part of my personality, but I think it's something that *needs* to be done for the sake of my health if anything. (I'm talking *reeeeeally* stressed here, not just a mini strop kind of thing...)

6) Think through your purchases. Do you honestly need that mini album? Yes it's reduced but....another set of stamps?! Can't you use what you have already?....More paper?! Really?!?!...I mean, how will I ever afford anything I actually would like if I keep getting distracted by yummy crafty bits?...

7) Another 'get off your arse and do it' one - the minis! You know what ones I'm talking about. Seeds. Holiday. Nature. Birds. Christmas Journal....oh the list goes on. Just think how happier you'll be when they're done. Less photos stacked up, less stash getting in the way...win win baby!

8) Get out more. Even if it's a walk round the block. Sooo much time spent cooped up, it's quite depressing. I'd like more walks along the river. Need to learn to drive one day so I can actually get there...!

9) Try and help mum out more (as long as it won't wipe me out completely). Dusting...hoovering...washing up...cooking...not all in the same day of course - I'm not looking for a relapse here - just enough to take some of the pressure off her.

10) Complete this 365 challenge. I am honesly te worst person in the world for sticking to things. If I'm geniuinely going to be letting someone down I'm ok, but if it's just a 'oh just do it when you can' sort of thing then I'm awful! I end up in the mindset of 'well, I can't quite manage it today, so I'll do both tomorrow' or, 'I'm not having too good a week, I'll catch up next week'...next thing you know I'm 3 months behind and it's 'well, I'm 3 months behind now - I'll never catch up. Maybe try again next year...' Take that 52 card thingy with Emily Falconbridge last year - I must have done...I don't know...6? 7 maybe? and I was so determined too.

I will be strong!
I will not procrastinante!
I will not be distracted by something sparkly!

...

Oh wish me luck...

3 comments:

domestic goddess said...

Hi Samm
Loving your mission statement, i think ours are pretty similar!!!
Love your photo as well, puts an instant smile on your face :)
anna x

Louise said...

Love your photo, one day I'll manage to get a decent firework photo.

Martha said...

stick to it samm! i've got you blog feed on my bloglines so i'll be keeping up with you as i try to stay on track myself for 365 (or is it 366?!?!) days!
i'm at http://marthamoring.typepad.com/a_day_in_my_life/