Sunday, 3 January 2010

Green Sundays


Why green for Sundays you ask? Well, Sundays is pretty much the only day we can guarantee dad will have off so it's much more likely I'll be immersed in nature (woods, rivers walks etc) on a Sunday. Logical, no?
I thought I'd take a picture of on of my potentially ressurected orchids (see the leaf, do ya? do ya?!) It's amazing what a new pot with a bit more room for the roots to a) grow and b) not be immersed in water can do. The leaves are so strong now - before they were so floppy they folded over the size of the pot. You can still see the crease marks where they bent, but now they're all strong and wonderful.
Umm...I sound like the crazy old spinster lady obsessing over her plants don't I? Wow, that's kicked in a few years early...and I have the cat too...hmm...
For some reason the picture didn't come out very green so I edited it a bit. I think it was the lighing in the bathroom. I might re-take it tomorrow in proper day light as the leaf looks really dirty too for some reason...odd...
In other news - Christmas decs were taken down today, boo! I hate how bare it seems when they first go away. I love all the cozy fairy lights all over the place...oh well, if we kept them up all year round it wouldn't be quite as magical would it...
That was it really. My dizzyness is back - joy - so I couldn't manage much. I've walked into so many things the past few days I've got a delightful new collection of bruises all down one side of me including one very painful one on my hip that I can't for the life of me remember getting, or how I could have gotten it in the first place! I went round the house today seeing if there's anything hip height for me and there's nothing! Very strange...
Anyhoo, self portrait for tomorrow...better dig the makeup and trowel out...
xxx

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hopefully the Orchid will continue to grow well now it has been re-potted :)

Look forward to maybe seeing a photo of it in full bloom at a later stage :)