Thursday, 7 January 2010

Smile, it's Thursday!

I didn't have a bloomin' clue what my Thursday theme was going to be so I figured I'd do the trick I played yesterday - just take a bunch of pictures and see what jumps out at me.
There were this giant flock of Field Fares that descended on us this morning - and it was impossible to get a picture of them. The slightest bit of movement from something other than a bird or plane and poof, they were off. At one point a few of them (trust - times above amount by at least 5, there were a *lot*) landed in the tree outside and I managed to snap this pic through the window. Yes it isn't the best picture but I captured the memory so it's all good.
So then I got to thinking of themes...

Nature? Well, with 'green' Sundays I imagine I'll be using nature as a fall back there quite often so probably not the best idea.

Birds? Not round this way - that was a rarity, and unless I want about 45 (minimum) shots of pigeons it wouldn't be the best idea.

Then I got it - things that make me smile! They did - it took forever, running back and forth looking out the windows, just for me and mum to get a good view to identify them. Then another half hour or so going through bird books trying to identify them.

It's a photo that makes me smile because it as a smiley memory attatched.

Imagine a whole album with just pictures that make you smile...
I'm sure you have some. I'm not talking about the obvious children/partners/pets shots, I mean the ones that people look at and you know they're thinking 'why did they take a shot of that?!' Those kind of pictures.
I want a smile album by the end of the year. So that's my plan.

And that's the seven days themed.
I'll see you tomorrow with my sky shot!
xxx

No comments: