Saturday, 1 January 2011

2010 in 7 Days...

So, remember my 365 project? Mondays take a self portrait, Tuesdays TTV, Weds 'the world at my feet, Thurs 'what made me smile', Fri - skies!, Sat macro and Sundays were Green.
So here we are. This is how I envisioned putting the project together but at the time I didn't have a clue how to do that! Thankfully I discovered Picasa and the deligtful collage function a few months back so here we go - 2010 in 7 days!
(side note - I've filled in a few gaps as an 8x10 collage seemed to quite like the #54. I just took a extra photo here and there that fit the theme but wasn't taken on that specific day)
Oh, and all the photos are in order. Trust me. Wow that took a while!
Monday - Wow, I can't even begin to say how much I hated this one. Some days it was fine but most days it was a 'urgh, what in the heck was I thinking taking a photo of myself every week!?'.
Now it's over and I see the finished collage? I kind of like it. Can see things I might have done differently. And I think that I possibly maybe sort of kinda want to do it again...oh dear...
Tuesdays - I think this one speaks for itself on size alone - I only made it to June. It was a good idea in principal but without my ability to a) make a light tube and b) leave the house very often, it limited my ttv goodness potential. Definitely wouldn't repeat this theme but will happily still use my ttv. Funny thing, and I'm not sure how it happened - do you see I doubled up in the middle there? I wish I knew whether I accidently got rid the last one of March or the first one of April - and what did the missing one look like?! OoOo mysterious...

Wednesdays - 'the world at my feet' so to speak. Orginally the plan was that I'd try and make sure I left the house every Weds. Even if it was just a tag along with mum while I sat in the car the whole time. I didn't predict this year being a bad one. I certainly didn't predict spraining my ankle in May. Although, even though I thought I'd taken far to many lying around photos, now they're all together it doesn't really look that bad. I wouldn't do it again though. Interesting/different way to maybe document a holiday though...

Thursdays - Funny how often the Fluff appeared on my 'what made me smile' day...anyone would think I liked the little dude or something...! A couple of the photos probably need explaining but I'll just do that when I put the pages together...

It's funny - it turns out Fridays were a lot bluer than I remember them being...and there weren't as many sunsets as I thought I'd capture...hmm...

Saturdays - Macro days! Some may be more close up than others. Usually that depended on what camera I was using. However, if macro was selected then macro it is! Although for some reason I didn't take one on the Sat we left for the I.O.W so I just put the pic of the Ferry coming in so it matches the one the week later where I macroed the raindrops as we waited to go home...

Aaaand, drum rolls please, Green Sundays! Granted, not as much green as I imagined, but I think it still works. I like the row of Courgettes from seedling to first harvest. I didn't realise I did that...! (I wish I knew whether I was aware of it at the time - stupid memory!)
And there you have it. 365 (and a bit) photos. My year in 7 collages. Huh. Didn't get out much did I!?
Hope you enjoyed having a look!

This was a fun project *but* I am never doing it again! No more 365. Far too much stress! The one I did in 2009 wasn't so bad as I was getting them developed at the end of each month but this time round I was waiting until the end of the year so I could do the above. Let me tell you - first I had a major virus attack my comp so had to reset to factory settings, thank goodness for ext. harddrives. THEN the ext harddrive packed up in Nov...argh! I was so worried I'd get this close then poof, all gone. Not worth the stress. I like projects that are fun! (I'll be back later for more on that subject...!)
However, I would happily recommend it to anyone who wants to do a 365 but a bit different than just a photo a day. Just back up your back up that you use to back up that original back up. Far less worries that way. ^-^
xxx

3 comments:

Minty Magic said...

Wow this is great Samm, but I am not sure what TTV is?

A wonderful review of the year.

Debbie H said...

Well done on keeping up samm, despite feeling grog a lot of the time.
Given the possession of an iPhone and Blogpress I'm having another stab at it this year!!

Karen said...

Samm these collages look really fab :)

Well done for keeping up with your photo project, it has all come together brilliantly now and was well worth all your hard work :)