Now don't get me wrong, I'm far from well enough to be doing these things, but I'm at breaking point. My boredom has reached its peak and I cracked. Just hope I don't push it *too* far...hmm...
Anyhoo, here's this weeks UKS Challenge. I've forgotten the rules again...The word 'who' in the title, red or earth tones, stars (which you can't see, but they are there!) and...umm...oo, a baby theme! (or something new)...so here you are -
I don't love it. I'm not sure what it is. It's good as a basic but I think it needs something added I just can't think what...hmm...
This next one is me at Doc 2010 breaking point. I've done the 2 July layouts but haven't started the divided 6x4s bit and am currently annoyed at my past self for not keeping up with this last year! I get bored quite easily and decided I needed a change before I start fudging up my layouts and get sad looking back at 2010 because you can tell I got bored and muffed all the journalling up.
So, I went through my 10,000,000,000 (or there abouts) photos and came across my (and fellow teamies) snaps from the Magpie retreat in 2009 and thought I'd start doing something with them! I hope Stacey doesn't mind the photo - I needed to document the cake goodness and she was the baker so she had to be on there!
Anyone who keeps up with current scrapbooking trends may notice that those papers have just been released. Yes, I caved. Honestly I knew it would happen. Thing is (and I realise this may sound like an excuse!) I went through my papers and can you believe I didn't have any pink? Just some scraps and bits but no actual sheets. So, when I bought some new/different divided pages for Doc 2011 some of the new Echo Park little girl range fell in my basket. Oddly enough there are a lot of cupcakes and tea pots in it - is that what little girls do?! I played with toy cars myself...anyway, cakes worked out quite nicely for this page!
Oh, and while I'm in confessional, I treated myself to some new border punches from EKSuccess. The slim ones? I used 2 on the above pages. Wow, I love them. The first punch I've ever used that I can punch one handed! Really helpshaving a free hand to help keep the border pattern straight. A couple of sheets of the new AC Love range may have fallen in the basket at the same time...argh...it wouldn't bother me half as much if my fellow Mission One Ten teamies weren't doing so well at sticking to the rules. You know, the ones *I* set!? But that's it. When I put my papers in my box I noticed that it was now practically to the top. That's about a rulers worth of paper. (well, there is a bit of card and a few alphas in there too, but it isn't far off...) This is awful. Wasn't there a thing about a certain thickness of paper lasting you for x many years? I think I may be set for life...hmm...What I think I need to do is stop using card for backgrounds and try using PP too. And layers. And matting photos with PP. And layers. And no more hording scraps. And layers. Lots and lots of layers.
Argh.
I thought they said confession was good for the soul? I feel even more guilty now! Darn it.
This may ring a bit hollow now but I really am completely off stash buying. Completely and absolutely. There isn't anything else out there that's caught my eye anyways (phew!). I shall leave you with this shot. Now this guy is *not* a lap cat. Emphatically *not* a lap cat. And yet he jumped on my lap while crafting so I figured I should get a photo as proof. He attacked me about 5 minutes later. Marvellous.
xxx
4 comments:
Great LO's Samm - I am finding myself drawn to Echo Park - but as YOU are making me not buy I shall just have to wait til I've done 100 LO's!!
Love that layout!!! You have to have a bit of new stash in January to while away the dull, grey days!
I subscribe to Willowcrafts Girl club and I think those Echo Park papers are in Feb's kit!
Great LO's Samm, I recognise that photo of Stacey!!
Fancy you leading us astray with buying new stash - naughty, naughty - although I do love Echo Park!!
they say confession is good for the soul! Lovely lo's again!
Post a Comment