Sunday, 22 January 2012

One little word

Does anyone join in with this?
Every year I read Ali Edwards blog and all the people that join in, leaving their words in the comments section.
A word to live by for the year.
A word to inspire you, comfort you, help you.
Some of them are very deep, inspiring, some are fun.
I picked out a word last month. It was a good word. I loved it. And I can't for the life of me remember what it was. Clearly it made a profound impression...
So, I've chosen a new one. When I was sorting through my stuff in our craft room I noticed how many bits I hadn't really finished. I mean, they were mostly done but not quite...there, if you know what I mean?
That got me thinking, could that be my word instead? 'finish' seems like a bit of an odd one though (and could be considered a bit depressing depending on how you read it). Then I realised, it's not that these things need finishing, they need completing.
Take my 2009 album. 8 1/2 x 11 filled with trading card holders, each one holding a photo from when I took a photo a day. (flicking through it I still can't believe I managed that!)
Now, all the photos are in there. They are all in month/date order and even have the dates written on the backs if you want to be sure. 'technically' it's finished, but is it complete? Could I add a card to the start of each month to highlight it? If I have 2 sheets per month could I add some patterned paper to the gaps to add a bit of colour? I have some 5x7 photo page holders, could they be added, one to each month, to have four larger focal mini pages?
The answer is yes. And this will help make it complete. It will help make it more visual and more fun to look through. So that's what I'm currently doing (see photos below), about time too! 2009 shall be documented ASAP!
So there you go. My one little word, 'complete'. I think it could work on a deeper level too, but I'll put more thought into that another day...
I'll stop rambling now, just thought I'd share my crazy thoughts!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Great pages Samm and I love your chosen word, much nicer than finish :)