Wednesday, 4 January 2012

10,000?!

So, I'm on my laptop trying to sort out the remainder of my DD photos to be sent off. I upload the pics I took over New Years and notice something while they upload - I've hit 10,000! 10,000 photos. I mean, that's a flippin lot of pictures. I'm kind of sad I hit that many and still can't use most of the functions on my camera. Perhaps that should be a resolution for the year...anyway, here's number 10,000 (!) -
Pip passed out in front of the fire on New Years Day. Not exactly ground breaking but I'm glad that it wasn't one that was out of focus (or similar!).
What else?...oh yes, now, for some reason I haven't taken any more shots of my DD. I don't know why. Odd. With the remaining pics on their way I may as well just wait until it's done now. I did, however, manage a shot of how thick it's gotten as I couldn't quite believe it -
And I still have 14 days to add! And a few of them are multiple pages! I think I'm gonna need some bigger book rings!
Now, onto my 2012 mission. I *am* doing Doc 2012. I found some multi-pocket pages that I quite like so I'll be doing (less than last year) 1 focus page and one multi page a month (then the back of the last one for the next month). The multi page holds 2 5x7, 2 6x4, a little 2x7 and a 1x12 down the side of it but, frankly, I don't think anything would actually stay in there so I envision maybe stapling a strip of patterned (e.g. Hambly) transparency in there so better make sure it matches both months!
My other mission is 365. In theory. Possibly. I'm doing okay so far but it's the 4th so I don't really think that's much cause for celebration yet! I think I'm going to do a theme month. Like I did for 2010, where I did certain things on certain days (off the top of my head - skies on Fridays, Green on Sundays, Macro on Saturdays...) I'm going to try and do certain things per month. Now, somehow, I've ended up doing self portraits for January. Let's face it, with the weather as it is you don't really want to snap something that requires going outside. But the main reason I did it was because I *almost* forgot to take a picture on Monday. I was reading through a blog that suggested trying out the timer function on your camera to take self portraits and I thought - 'I wonder if my point and shoot has a timer?'. Turns out it did. And when I went through my photos from the 1st I had taken a pic of me then too. So there you go, a theme was born. Welcome to January - the month of the self portrait...


(that last one is proof I really did stitch on that house challenge layout! Only 2 strips and it took me all of Juno to do it! *And* you can hardly tell on the photo!!! sigh...)
Not completely sure what I'm going to do with the photos when I'm done. I guess it depends on how good/bad they are. I'm thinking either a mini a month (good pics) or a layout a month (bad pics). I have a spare 8x8 album for a collage of pics a month, though I quite like the idea of a set of 12 mini albums...hmm...Oh well, I'll have the month to decide! One good thing about a themed month instead of a themed day? At least I can get the photos developed as I go. With the days I had to wait until the end of the year to stick them all on 7 collages (one per day...obv...). I lived in fear of losing them all!
Okay, that's enough babbling for one day. I hope you are all having a lovely New Year so far!
xxx

No comments: