Tuesday, 22 March 2011

UKS Week 3 challenge

Okay, let's see if I can remember the rules for this week...
1) 2 photos check
2) paper scraps check
3) a stamped image check twice and
4)...ooh, bunting! check!
That'll be full points for the Crafty Magpies please!

I'm not sure why I'm so inspired to scrap lately. I think it might partly be my lovely subjects, partly the yummy supplies and also maybe the photos themselves?
I've been trying since the beginning of the year one of my resolutions to take photos mostly with my 'big' camera. The difference in the 'quality' of the shots is so noticable. Of course I'm taking pictures I don't like who doesn't but the ones I do like I don't just like, I *love*. Which, of course, makes me want to 'show them off' so to speak. I want them on a page or in a frame. I love looking at them and the colours/scene/memories.
When I made the resolution to try to take better pictures, to learn my camera more, I never would have thought it would help in another resolution - scrap your memories more and quicker! So many photos that I've had developed that I wanted to scrap at the time but didn't really get round to it and now I'm not inspired to scrap them at all. I really need to do something about that.
Maybe one stage at a time.
I found a bunch of pics from our first holiday down to Pagham a few years back. Some were from the day we went to Brighton pier. I should note down that memory as I doubt I'll be going back there any time soon - dad spent the whole time moaning about the traffic and how different it was from when he was there last. yeah, 30+ years ago...funny that...
Hmm, okay, all I was going to do was upload my layout. Ah well.
Hope you are having a lovely day!
xxx

2 comments:

knitkath said...

Lovely lo, the simplicity makes the photos really stand out!

Karen said...

Great LO Samm and love the new look!