Sunday, 13 March 2011

Someone likes her new butterfly punch

And yes, that someone would be me.
Here's the opening page for January (doc. 2011). Thought I'd better mention my new lens somewhere and seeing as that was probably the most exciting thing to happen to me that month (woop woop) here we are. A whole bunch of my favourite things went into this layout -
*New butterfly punch
*New alpha stamps
*Studio Calicos Dec. Metropolitan Kit.
*Mister Huey spray inks/paints.
*KI Calendar paper.
*Layering up said calendar paper onto an old piece I didn't really care for much.

I think I may have enjoyed the layering thing the most (probably sad to admit). A good way of getting rid of a piece that wasn't as nice as I'd imagined (curse of no LSS - darn online shopping). I think the bit of colour you can see round the edges matches the colours from the kit nicely though.
Next-
Okay, this is this weeks challenge over on UKScrappers. Another layout for the retreat us Magpies went on in Nov. 09 (yes, only a little bit behind...). For some reason I can never get the colours right - the butterflies are punch woodgrain and yellow swirly paper.
The rules were - Season in your title. Squares. Splash of yellow. And...well...see, I forgot all about the last one until I'd finished it and I loved the finished product so much (trust me, it looks sooo much better in 'real life' imoho) I didn't really want to add a handmade scrunched up flower so I'm 10 points down. Sorry Magpies!
Lastly -
I hate buttons. I really do. On clothing yes, a wonderful thing but on scrap pages? Argh! Thing is they look so good on other peoples pages that I keep picking them, trying them out and no. Don't like them. Another layout for the Magpie 09 retreat collection. I had a pack of autumn foof-a-loofa (or whatever the heck they're called) buttons sitting on my desk for-ever and I happened to notice they matched the colours in the splodgey AC paper. What a wonderful co-incidence. I added some other pink ones et voila! Randomly I actually liked how this turned out. Even with the buttons. Hmm.
I think I've scrapped one of these pics before for a weekly challenge but it was bigger and had journalling on a tag behind about our first (almost complete) meeting - great fun! Looking forward to this year as I missed out on the last one!

So many crafty ideas in my head. Really need to finish Doc. 2010 and get rid of that albatross round my neck (I think that's the saying!?) Luckily my health (such as it is) seems to be co-operating at the moment so better enjoy it while it lasts!
Enjoy this sunshine at the moment too - if only it was a bit warmer with it...
xxx

3 comments:

Minty Magic said...

Samm all 3 layouts are fab and I lurve the buttons. You have been a busy bee!

Karen said...

Samm these LO's are gorgeous - I love the way you have added the buttons to the retreat LO and just love those butterflies! Well done, they are all lovely :)

Stacey ScrapRed said...

Fab-U-lous - I love the button look!! Great LOs Miss Busy x