Sunday, 16 October 2011

Funny old time of it

Lately I seem to be having a day on then a day off health wise. I suppose I should be grateful for the days on but I really wish the days off would vanish!
Here are a couple of layouts from my I.O.W album. Managed to dig out an old 8x8 album that I was planning on using for something else but never got around to it. It's odd doing things on a smaller scale than usual but it's fun putting the layouts together!
This first one is for this weeks challenge on UKS -
Bling - check (though it's hard to see in pic - it's on bottom left of the photo), Different shapes - check (square, circle, rectangle, heart, feather...), Journalling - check (why can I never keep to the box I pick?!) And a 'mum' theme. Technically this is a mum theme as far as I overheard a conversation at Seaview where a group of people seemed very confused as to who the little fluffy yellow ducklings mummy really was. For some reason they were of the opinion that they were baby flamingos (as they were in the flamingo aviary). Never mind the big grey fluffy baby flamingos that were all beak and legs, nope. I actually heard them wondering at what point they turn pink...bless...
This next one's about something very dear to my heart...

Banoffee pie! (the big letters are actually very glittery but they haven't come up well in the photo.) My question of the holiday - is it still called banoffee without any toffee? Is it?! There wasn't a hint of it in the slice I had at seaview but the slice I had the next day (as you can see) had more than enough to make up for it - yum!

(it wasn't until I uploaded the pics that I realised I caught a bit of the ep. of Bones I was watching - thankfully it was just Brennan and Booth and not a body otherwise I would have had to retake them!)

Anyhoo, that's enough rambling for one post. TFL!
xxx

2 comments:

Patty said...

Samm - that duck Mummy one is absolutely ace! I just love it - especially the papers.

Banoffee Pie made my mouth water!

Karen said...

Great LO's Samm, they are both gorgeous :)