I've been feeling a bit...off...for the past few weeks. I think I want to blame David Cameron and that bloody census. The bit where it asks you about your qualifications and jobs? 2 big fat non of the aboves and I was all done. Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever stop being sad everytime I'm reminded of my early exit from school...
Yeah, anyway, back to my midnight musings.
My sleep pattern's been off for months now, and you know how your mind can wander at 2am? I've been trying to think of ways to make this year better. I think I'm finally coming to peace with the fact that I can't pause the aging process until I start getting better (trust me, I've wished it enough) and now I need to start doing some of the things I've always imagined doing with my life. Of course there are a few things that won't be accomplised any time soon. Travel mostly. Unless my mum wakes up tomorrow free of her fear of flying, or dad discovers a new love for driving long distance I doubt I'll be going anywhere new until I can manage to get there under my own steam. (I imagine myself being a very well travelled 60 year old). So what can I do to feel more fulfilled by 30 (in 3 years...3?!...)? I think, to start, I'm going to give one of those 'x things by x' birthday year lists a go. Small things I've always wanted to do but just never really got around to doing. Like reading a 'classic' book. Even my dad's suprised I haven't read any Bronte or Austen. Creating a piece of art for my room (once it's re-done) would be fun too. I'll have to give it a think - I've got until mid-summer to come up with one.
Maybe I'll start a little early for this first one? Depending on what I put on it with the way I've been feeling lately I may need a extra couple of months!
xxx
2 comments:
Ah Samm you can't blame David Cameron for the census! They've been doing it every ten years for over 100 years!
Get your list written and start reading a book so you can tick something off.
Yes I know, but he's the one in charge atm so he can have my sulk blame lol
Post a Comment