Sunday, 23 May 2010

Amazon World & St Helens

Our first day we started with Amazon World. It wasn't bad...wasn't *great* but they did seem to be in the middle of a few enclosure improvements so that probably didn't help.
They did have the best guide/brochure thingy I've ever seen at a zoo though.

This little dude made me laugh - he just ran round and round his enclosure - I managed to grab a shot when he paused in his 'house'. Big tortoise was *huge*. I love these guys - something from a different time.
Now, I don't know what they put in this guys food/drink but I think he'd had enough for the day!
On the way back to the van we stopped off in St Helens and had an ice cream.
Am I the only one who thinks it's odd 99s are no longer 99p? Ahh inflation...
All in all, lovely day! Weather was beautiful. Nice and sunny but not too hot, just how I like it.
xxx

No comments: