Thursday, 15 April 2010

Chaaanges

Does anyone remember me posting this picture before? I loved the old library. For some reason they decided they needed to knock it down and build a super monstrosity in its place.
I don't like it. It's a bit like a adult learning centre inside. No cosy comfortable library feeling. Just clinical shelves and books. They don't even have people to check books in and out, there are machines just pile the books into and it scans them. It's kinda clever, but that isn't the point! I want the old one back. And the trees. Bah. I hate change.
And don't let the size fool you - you would think why is she complaining when there's a nice big new library in its place but it isn't! Most of it is offices, social worker type places, the actual libary is smaller.
I know there are bigger things to worry about in the world, but I just donn't do change very well...sigh...
Oh, and I know it looks like - why didn't she step backwards to get more in the picture. Well, they built it further forward than the last one. In fact, looking at the older picture, I think I may be standing in the exact same place judging by the building next to it.
And I didn't plan that.
Cool.

In other news we popped in to the charity shop next-ish door and I discovered half my life up for sale.
It was very disconcerting.
And I've checked, I still own the things that someone else donated.
I had to ask mum if she'd sneaked out my things it was so off putting.
Seriously - CD's, books...it was very odd.
Makes me wonder how out of date some of my things are...!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Great selection of new photos Samm :)