Thursday, 20 August 2009

Meh




I'm *so* over R&K now.

Attention span of a hyper 3 year old me.

They're cute. Friends, couple, engaged, moving in, meh. They seem like normal, none attention craving, human beings so good luck to them.

Tra la laa

Above pic is a building I used to live round the corner from. We happened to drive past it a few weeks back so I stuck the cam out the window and it actually took - go figure. You know if I had planned it it wouldn't have worked, but stick a dollop of 'spur of the moment-ness' to the situation and ta-dah! A somewhat in focus photo. The building used to fascninate me, I'm not sure why, I've always had a thang for brickwork. Show me an old waterworks factory and there may be drool - I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Is there a reason why photos of my childhood 'places' seem to fit my memory that much more when I stick a vintage wash over them? Is it because that's what photos from the 80's look like? Do my parents remember their childhood in black and white? Hmm...I shall have to ask...
Taking it has given me the urge to visit some of the places I went to/remember from when I was little though. For example, the shops I used to live round the corner from are going to be knocked down at some point soon - not sure when exactly, but would love to get some photos before it's all changed. The old library's already gone, one of my primary school's been knocked down (yeah, I switched when I moved) I wonder if I can get mum to take me out on a trip down memory lane?...
Anyhoo, In other news -
Went to see Harry Potter yesterday, it was very good *but* I was really looking forward to the ending, as in the book, and it,well, wasn't...of course 'the event' happened (no spoilers children) but, yeah, I thought it was a smidge lack lustre. Can see what some of the reveiwers meant about focusing too much on the love stuff. I'm sure if they cut down on some of those lingering, heartbroken stares they could have added some action somewhere else. Plus, they didn't exactly do much in the way of building up Harry & Ginny. One scene he dosn't seem bothered at all that she's seeing whats-his-face and the next Hermione's all 'It's so obvious you love her!' Is it!?!? Hermione was all heartbroken about 'Won-won' but Harry really didn't seem in the slightest bit affected...
On the plus side - *loved* all the bits with Draco. Tom Felton is such a good actor, I'm glad he's getting the chance to prove there's more to him than the snivelling bully.
I'm actually happy the last book will be split into 2 movies - so much was cut out of this film. All the mystery and suspense about the half blood prince, all the budding romance, so much of it was cut out it just didn't make any sense. I can understand the focus on the horcruxes as that will take us into the next movies nicely, but they completely chose the wrong other bits to focus on and it didn't really make much sense.
As I said, too much focus on trivial spits and spots, and the actual plot got lost in translation. Kinda like my review. I think I repeated myself several times. Ahh well.
Until next time...
xxx

No comments: