Friday, 3 February 2012

"Complete"

Yup, totally trying to live up to my word of the year.
I was going to spend yesterday putting together a layout for the Magpie sketch swap (we start with one sketch, pass it on, get another, tweak it a little, pass it on etc...a bit like Chinese whispers but with scrapbooking, it's fun to see what your original sketch ends up like!). Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, I was going to make the layout yesterday ready to post the sketch on Monday but the kit I wanted to use was the one I used for my Sept pages in Doc 2011, which it turned out I hadn't finished doing, so I did that instead.
I was surprised how little I'd ended up doing, I remembered the focal pages but completely forgot about the pockets, all I'd done was put the photos in! Hence the word of the year - technically it's done, as the photos are in their places, but it wasn't decorated so it wasn't really 'complete'. Must make sure to apply this word to all I do this year, it's such a lovely feeling looking at a project knowing there's nothing you want to add/finish on it.
In other news, I ended up ordering my photos from photobox for Jan 2012, instead of printing them like I'd planned. I'd forgotten the photos I'd gotten from new years day that I wanted to include, plus the 10,000th pic that had to go in there! Now not only do I have more photos than I thought I did but I think I'm going to be adding a 6x12 (holding 3 6x4) pp to hold the extra pics! So much for a more minimal doc 2012!

No comments: