Thursday, 15 July 2010

Hmm...

So it seems a few days trapped in the loft with some paper, double sided tape and photos can do wonders for the system.
I don't feel great, but I do feel a bit better.

Earlier today I was chatting to my Magpie friends (name of group, not actual magpies. I'm mad, not *that* mad.) and Shirley mentioned the exploding box she was making her dgd for her birthday next week. It sounded like such a great idea I decided to make one for my nan for her 80th next week.

I had a quick look through some galleries and combined 2 - cake and butterflies.
Mostly because I couldn't decide between the 2...
Excuse my tip of a desk....



It didn't turn out *exactly* how I imagined it - but then do they ever? Plus I'm not sure I have the talent or equiptment to create my vision, it would help wouldn't it...
Probably should have made the candles a bit bigger too but they were so flaming fiddly I gave up. I'd imagine I'll be the only one that's bothered!
Aaanyhoo, there's my exploding birthday box.
Ta-daa!
I'll try and upload some of my 10,000 layouts soon too.
(well, 11...)
xxx

5 comments:

knitkath said...

Samm, that is beautiful, I'm sure your Nan will treasure it!

Shirley said...

Oh WOW Samm that is gorgeous.
I bet your Nan will be thrilled when she opens it up. Well done you. :o)
XXXX

Karen said...

Samm this is gorgeous, your Nan will love it :) Well done xxx

Debbie H said...

It's great Samm - your Nan will be delighted!

Claire Crompton said...

Your exploding box looks great Samm. I'm sure your Nan will love it as you made it especially for her.

Cx