CHRISTMAS!
Fabulous really, can't wait! I was a bit worried that it would never come, you know, that bubbly, excited feeling. I think it's because we were a little late with our tree this year.
Picture me, Mum and Dad going around all the shops we could think of yesterday for a Christmas Tree that fits our new lounge. (Our last one was about 5.5ft - 6ft says the box, pfft! - and looked a bit insignificant...) So, off we trundled looking for a 7ft-er. (made particularly hard as dad's mission statement was nothing over £20, or £40 if it's really special...!)
First stop - Homebase. No trees within our budget, I however, managed to walk away with 3 sparkly turquoise reindeer decs and 2 packs of icicle garlands. How do I manage these things?...
Next stop - B&Q. I have now fallen in love with the Black Tree they have though apparently they want green. So off we go again...
Tescos! Plenty of other shopping, but no tree...sigh...I'm tired and hungry and wanna go home but one more stop to our shiny new -
The Range store! I toddled off to look at the crafty stuff while they wondered about all the trees. They found one they liked but there was only one (and 2 displays) and, of course, it was the only one without any price anywhere. Girl comes over, disappears to find the manager or whoever. She comes over and says she's actually been meaning to reduce some of the damaged and display trees so would you like the display one for £20? Err...yeah! So we got a 7ft oregon tree (which looks sooo good, kinda real!) which it turns out was originally selling for £90 for £20!!!!
I'm very impressed to be honest. I don't know how the man keeps doing it but he pulled it off. Dad goes out with a no more than £40 limit for a decent 7ft tree (and anyone who's been out tree shopping will know that's nigh on impossible) for £20. Amazing. If you lucky, and when it's decorated, I'll post some pics!
Above pic btw is the yummy sari ribbon order I received from Ribbon Mad earlier in the week. Aren't they just beautiful?! Can't wait to use them...somewhere...Ooh, I also received my order from My Lip Stuff today (you want yummy natural, bunny friendly lip balms? Check them out!) A couple for some friends for Christmas and some for meeee :D ! Pina Colada smells the yummiest at the moment...mmm....Anyhoo, Catch y'all tomorrow, off to do something productive as mum's become all cleaning frenzy and dad's busy taking tiles off in the kitchen so now I'm feeling like a right lazy sod! Toodles!
x
No comments:
Post a Comment