Sunday, 11 February 2007

Finally!



Got my cards uploaded! Weeks 3+4...yeah, ok, I know, I should have done week 5 as it'll be 6 today but hey, I'm imperessed I'm actually still going with this. I get so easily distracted!
Anyhoo, Yellow Peril up the top is #3 - make an 'I AM...' statement. This became my statement because I am so fed up of my life atm. Same old thing every single day. I know I have so many things to be thankful for but it's kind of hard to see them when you havn't left the house for a fortnight because your legs arn't upto it. So this year I'm going to try and shake things up a little, instead of just dreaming things I wish I was doing, I'm going to try and do them. That's not to say my legs will suddenly work, or the pain in my muscles will stop or I'll just plain have the energy to do them, but if I can I will - no more putting off today what I still might not be able to do tomorrow! Ooh, that sounds sort of positive dosn't it? There you go, made a change already :)
#4 was to include a symbol that is powerful to you. And yes, I've drawn Hansons logo. I know, it's not the sort of powerful symbol that's going to be changing the world anytime soon but it's (and all my little doodles around it) are powerful to me in the memory that they give me. This is what my school books/random pieces of paper in my room looked like. I'd doodle over everything and there'd always be a bit of Hanson and Backstreet Boys in there - it reminds me of when I was at school (which I actually loved at the time, rare I know!) When I could hang out with my friends every day (instead of the 'once a month if I'm lucky' time I get now) When I actually had friggin energy people! I could walk up stairs without collapsing in a big puddly heap!!! lol! But seriously (and yeah, ok, I was being serious before...) these are symbols that just make me smile and give me that warm, bubbly feeling in my tum so here they are. :)

So, anyone had snow this week? Apparently, according to the news the whole of the blimmin UK has had it apart from down here. I think Bournemouth and Poole are in a bubble of protection against snow. Seriously, I wa swatching the news mid-week and there were all these pictures from around the country '10 inches of snow fall' some declared. I look out my window, what do I see? Bright blue skies! Little fluffy white clouds! Sunshine!!! poop.
Anyhoo, my budgie is watching me with an evil eye which tends to mean he's feeling neglected and wants some seed or something so better be off, hope you all are well and having a lovely time where ever you may be :)
Samm x

10 comments:

jess said...

Great card!! I love the colours and the pretty rub on!!
And that cake looks pretty yum too!!

Kim said...

Love the cards - that I am card is just so powerful looking. TFS!

Jen said...

Really cool cards, they look great!

Emily Falconbridge said...

ooh la! these cards are gorgeous! love your artsy style!

Unknown said...

Love your cards :)

Tammy said...

Just wanted to stop by and say I love your cards! And don't know about anyone else but that sweet looks devine and YUMMO for buttercream!

Blogger can be a total pain but if you ever need any help give me a shout and I will try and help you out. Been blogging on blogger for 4 years and can usually work my way around the techno jib.

Tam :)

Lynn said...

great cards WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Colleen said...

rockin card girl

Di said...

Great cards, funky colours :-)

Gigi said...

really cool cards! love your "i am" statement...